Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and I definitely agree with that. What do you think are the healthy breakfast ideas? For me, I love mom’s homemade strawberry buttermilk pancakes. Who doesn’t love pancakes? I’m such a huge fan of pancakes most especially when my mom was the one who made it for us. Such a heaven! Let’s go over the ingredients and let’s get started.
Strawberry Buttermilk Pancakes with Ice Cream
1 ½ cups All Purpose Flour
2 tsp. Baking Powder
1 tsp. Baking Soda
½ tsp. Salt
2 egg whites
2 egg yolks
2 cups Buttermilk
¼ cup Granulated sugar
¼ cup melted Unsalted Butter
1 ½ cups strawberries
Scoop of Ice cream
- Let’s start with the dry ingredients first, in a large bowl, add the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and sugar and whisk, set aside.
- Coat the strawberries with a tablespoons of the flour mixture to evenly spread it, set that aside.
- Will work on the wet batter, in a small bowl, pour on the buttermilk, egg yolks and melted butter and mix it all together.
- Last step of the batter, whip up the egg whites into a separate bowl until they develop stiff peaks.
- Put the whole thing together, pour the wet to dry ingredients and whisk until everything is combined well, fold in the egg whites and strawberry mixture prevent the egg whites not to deflate them.
- Preheat a large griddle over medium heat and spray with non-stick cooking spray or melted butter.
- Use a measuring cup to make it even, scoop out the batter and spread it out in the griddle.
- Cook it only for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until they start to form little bubbles around the edges or until both sides are golden brown.
- Serve it with maple syrup and ice cream on top of the buttermilk pancakes for a delicious breakfast!